Thursday, May 1, 2008

Ruffles and Pleats Challenge


This is my card for the Thursday Ways to Use It challenge at SCS. Julia challenged us to incorporate ruffles or pleats to our creations. After much trial and error trying to fold paper strips, I found a way to use ribbon and lots of small Zots (glue dots) to get the pleated look.
I used my new SU Occasions mini set, Just Celebrate - I mounted the sentiments seperately so I could stamp just the images, if I wanted. The butterfly was colored with Regal Rose, Rose Red, and Going Gray markers and then I highlighted the wings with Stardust Stickles. A Coluzzle template was used to cut out the circle, and then I cut out a square mat and rounded the corners.
I had just gotten my Swiss Dots folder....finally (it was sold out everywhere I looked, but I was able to find it at Stamper's Dream), and I wanted to add it to something on this card. The mat for the circle seemed to be the perfect place. The butterfly was originally colored to match the Sultry line by Basic Grey...this is the 6x6 version. On the Sultry paper, I rounded the corners again and finished it off with some faux stitching. To complete the card, I added a couple felt brads and a rub-on from SU's Saleabration.
I hope you like it! It just says girly and feminine to me with the pleated ribbon!
Supplies:
GP white cardstock, SU Rose Red cardstock, Basic Grey Sultry 6x6 patterned paper
SU Just Celebrate stamp set,
Coluzzle cutting system, EK Success corner rounder punch, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder
Stardust Stickles, markers stated above + black for stitching, mat pack and paper piercer
Queen and Co. felt brads, grosgrain ribbon, and SU rub-ons

No comments: