Sunday, July 13, 2008

Inspiration Comes From Many Sources

I was inspired by many sources while making this card. First, I knew I wanted to use Julee's Mojo sketch. Then while browsing Our Creative Corner's inspiration photo, I thought of the torn paper roses I had seen Julie make at her blog. All those things came together to make this card.
So to make the rose, just click the last link to view her video. For the bottom of the rose, I stamped the stem from Verve's Petals and Stems, and went over it with Diamond Glaze. The center of the flower is also from that set, and covered in Diamond Glaze.
Everything else is pretty self-explanatory. All the edges were sponged in Basic Brown, the scallops were made with the slit punch, the background was stamped with the Polka Dot stamp, and the sentiment is a Crate paper rub-on.
Supplies:
Verve Stamps Petals and Stems set, SU Polka Dot bg stamp, Basic Brown ink, a little Apricot Appeal ink for sponging, Chocolate Chip and Apricot appeal cardstock, GP white cardstock, My Mind's Eye Tres Jolie patterned paper, Diamond Glaze, Me and My Big Ideas crystal stickers, word window punch, slit punch, Crate rub-on, American Crafts ribbon

3 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Beautiful card!! Love those paper roses!! Thanks for playing along with us!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

So pretty! Your torn paper rose is beautiful. Thanks for playing! :)

Debbie M said...

Hi - just wanted to say that you do beautiful work - have enjoyed looking around your blog :-))